2014년 9월 1일 월요일

Preparation Process for Essay (Articulation)

The human behavior radically comes from emotions rather than reason.
(Reason is just for self-restraint to the behavior)
 
1) My argument 
-> Emotion means a feeling such as happiness, love, fear, anger, or hatred, which can be caused by the situation that you are in or the people you are with. Reason means the mental powers concerned with forming conclusions and judgments logically.
In daily life, all of our behaviors radically come from our emotions. Suppose that you eat something. Maybe the reason why you do that is that you ‘felt’ hungry. Although you thought that you need to eat to do something(living, working, etc..) without feeling hungry, the thought is based on your feeling which was affected by surroundings. However, because you can use your reason, you can control eating(limiting the amount of intake) by your mind. Other behaviors are the same. The start point of behavior is always emotion and reason play a role in limiting or controlling the behavior. Specific explanation will be in first draft.
 
2) How I found my argument
As I mentioned above, reason is a kind of thinking process concerned with logical deducing in our brains. However, humans should choose what they will do (behavior) in a short moment. Can reason play a role during this moment? No. This is why I assert that human behaviors radically come from emotions rather than reason(Someone can say that there can be exceptions, I am going to refute to this opinion in first draft.)
In additional. a paper which I read, <Does Emotion Cause Behavior>, explains two theory about the relationship between emotions and behavior. One says that the emotions are the main causes of human behavior so that the emotions induce one to act in a particular way. The other says that the emotions come after behavior so that the emotions can be a kind of feedback system in human brain and have effects on following behaviors. After I read this part, I could reflect on the relationship and make my own opinion. The opinion will be explained in my first draft.
 
 
3) New research questions
I think more research on reason is also needed.
a) What is the correct difference between reason and emotions?
 
I also think classification of behaviors is needed.
b) According to my research topic, is there classification of behaviors among many of those?
 
 
4) Connections to the Harvard Sampler How is your argument connected to the Harvard Sampler?
 
At first, my research is dealing with human mind(reason) and emotions. Human mind is also mentioned in Harvard Sampler. My topic can be a expansive research related to the Harvard Sampler. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기